The CSQE Exam Preparation Class provides a survey of the topics included in ASQ’s CSQE Body of Knowledge to familiarize experienced software quality practitioners with its terminology and basic concepts. The practices recommended and discussed in this course are useful as an overview of software quality engineering. There is not time to cover any of the topics in depth and therefore the class is not intended to teach specific job skills, techniques, or tools.

The class content is led by the slide set, but the presentation of materials is heavily influenced by the specific questions and interests of the students in each session. I also include much material from my and the students’ experience which often does not correspond with the CSQE BOK or would necessarily provide the expected (“correct”) answers to CSQE Exam questions.

In the slides I have tried to identify the “non-BOK materials” with a red asterisk (*) to footnote them as not specifically being part of the BOK, and I try to make it clear in the discussions when ideas are not likely to be on the exam or may possibly be contrary to expected exam responses.