Following are some quotes by some famous people about the importance of Risk and controlling it.

• I am used to thinking three or four months in advance about what I must do, and I calculate on the worst. If I take so many precautions it is because it is my custom to leave nothing to chance - Napoleon

• In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity - Albert Einstein

• Failure is often the first necessary step toward success. If we do not take the risk of failing, we will not get the chance to succeed. When we are trying,we are winning. - Wynn Davis

• I always tried to turn every disaster into an opportunity. - John D.Rockefeller

• Knowing our risks provides opportunities to manage and improve our chances of success. - Roger VanScoy

• All you need is the plan the road map and the courage to press on to your destination. - Earl Nightingale

• The greatest potential for control tends to exist at the point where action takes place.- Louis A. Allen

• Risk is like fire: If controlled it will help you ; if uncontrolled it will rise up and destroy you.- Theodore Roosevelt

• If you do not actively attack the risks, they will actively attack you. -Tom Gib

Software Testing is Positively Negative Art.

Syed M. Rizwan Jafri
SQA Engineer
Kabot International